Felted bag gone bad

7/14/2008


Grrrr. The felted bag I´m test knitting for a secret project, went bad during felting...I used alpaca and pure wool, and I guess the alpaca couldn´t cope with hard felting. The bag was felted together several places, and there was no way I could separate the parts. I therefore cut it into pieces, planning to use the long stripe for something else. Fortunately this was a very quick knit, and I did get to use scrap yarn..but it would have turned out really nice, if the @*!!$&§ alpaca hadn´t ruined it all...Meh. I´m going to make coasters for Mom with the lefotver stripe, she wanted some for her new coffee table, and the colours is just what she prefers. Need to cut it and sew around the edges first, though. And then I have to reknit the bag- no alpaca this time, mind you!


We went to the summer house on Saturday, I was planning on staying until tonight, but the weather is horrible, so I went home with C yesterday instead. I knit the bag in just two days, and also got quite a few rows done on my FLS # 2. This photo is lousy, but I´m about halfway down the gull lace pattern, and it´s going rapidly. My mother-in-law wants one too, she needs to decide what color and what yarn she wants, and then...I´m still on the long, striped hem for Mom´s Damask, and it doesn´t seem to be moving any faster. It´s really boring right now, but as soon as I start the pattern I hope the sweater will fly off the needles...(as if). I´m off work today, so I´m going to drink lots of coffee, knit and listen to podcasts (I have about 20 different episodes to catch up on)

5 kommentarer:

  1. I feel your pain. I knit up an alpaca dreadlock hat during the winter and tried to felt it. No luck. It looked horrible. Next time I'll use wool!

    SvarSlett
  2. Det er synd når toveprosjektene ikke blir som man hadde tenkt. Bedre lykke neste gang.

    SvarSlett
  3. Så synd at det gikk galt, fargene er flotte og ville nok resultert i ei fin veske.

    Et lite tips når du klipper ut av det du har tova. Hvis du tover forsiktig en gang til etter å ha klipt ut glassbrikkene er det ikke nødvendig å sy rundt kantene. De vil toves til fine kanter.

    SvarSlett
  4. Hei hei! Sommeren ser bra ut for dine vedkommende ser jeg! Det der huset deres i Ryfylke høres herlig ut.. Bare synd med været. I dag er det jo helt forferdelig!! Jeg vil ha sol og sjø og sand og strand og supersommer! Meen vi får vel gjøre det beste ut av det.

    SvarSlett
  5. Så utrolig irriterende! Jeg minnes en vinveske som så ganske latterlig ut da den kom ut av vaskemaskinen, men det var bare et par nøster Safir som gitt åt H.

    SvarSlett